Oh my goodness!!! Y’all?!?! This has become a family favorite at our house and it’s super simple to make – and there’s an added bonus –
It tastes just like Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana soup!!!
I cannot take credit for the recipe (I’m the recipe-follower, remember), so I am sharing it here. Now that fall weather is finally approaching, this would be great to make.
First, let me give credit where credit is due. If you look back on a recent post, you’ll see I suggested an app called Cozi. Well…Cozi, the FREE app, has recipes loaded on it AND you add recipes to it as well. The Warm-Your-Soul Tuscan Soup recipe is one of the a pre-loaded recipes we adore at The Bailey House!
Warm-Your-Soul Tuscan Soup
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 12 oz evaporated or condensed milk (DO NOT use sweetened condensed milk)
- 6-8 red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or mixture of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, sage)
- Salt or garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: spinach or kale, chopped
- Cook the sausage in the same large stew pot you will use to cook the soup. Drain excess fat and return to pot.
- Add chicken broth and evaporated (or condensed) milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat so soup simmers. Add chicken broth, potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper.
- The soup is done once the potatoes are cooked through (about 20-30 minutes). If using spinach or kale, add during the last few minutes of cooking.
I’d love to know your thoughts if you try it out!